Sunday, December 20, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
anyway i am just putting this on blog so that i can kip looking at it again and again... and it fixes somewhere in some kopcha of my brain....
- India is ranked 134 th on UN Human development Index :( of the United Nations development program.. The index takes into account various parameters like poverty levels, literacy levels, gender related issues.. China, Sri Lanka and Bhutan ranked 92, 102 and 132 resp...
Top 10 constituted Norway (1st), Australia, Iceland, Canada, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Switzerland and Japan...
- IMF sees strong medium term outlook for India.. It retained its projection for economic growth at 5.4 per cent in 2009...implying slower growth rate in second half of this calender year.. next year projection lowered by 0.1% to 6.4%.. this year 1st quarter and 2nd quarter growth rates 5.8% and 6.1% resp.
2008 - 7.3%
2007 - 9.4%
- According to Boston Consulting Group value of global mergers and acquisition deals is likely to drop by nearly 50% this year. The mergers and acquisitions space has witnessed only 12700 transactions with a combined valuation of mere USD 681 billion in the first 6 months of the year, with the number of deals dropping 17% from the same period in 2008.
- Net direct tax collections grew by 3.7% during the first six months of the current financial year to stand at Rs 152625 cr.. primarily guided by a 5.5% rise in corporate tax collections, reflecting an increase in corporate income.
Direct tax target for the year -
set by govt: 4,00,000 cr
original budget target: 3,70,000 cr
- Cumulative FDI inflows from 2001 till July 09 is USD 100.33 billion
Inflows for the first 4 months of the current fiscal = USD 10.49 billion
Major countries accounting for inflow - Singapore, UK, US and Netherlands
Sectors attracting FDI: service sector (max - 23% of the cumulative equity FDI inflows), followes by software, hardware, telecommunication and real estate)
- Current Mayor of Mumbai - Shraddha Jadhav (Shiv Sena)
- Engineering service Outsourcing to increase to USD 4o billion by 2020 from present level of USD 2.5 billion to USD 3 billion...
source: Nasscom newsletter
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Amazing and easy..
You just fill up a form with the number of days you wish to volunteer, areas of interest, time you can devote, location you prefer and they promise to call back.. with an appropriate opportunity...
What more can one ask for!! The site also has loads of upcomng events and updates..
So if you have been procrastinating this for quite a while... and wish to do it ... do it right away! It could'nt have been easier than this :)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Cell wud kip ringing with calls from friends
Mail boxes wud have pleasant mails from friends.. Birthday mails from number of days (equal to your age) before ur birthday... Celebrations... Surprises
Studying at night would mean laughing with friends over phone... kuch padhke nahi hua
Laughing, crying with friends
Friends were always taken for granted.. yeh to hamesha hai nearby
Plans for movies made by friends.. (a msg in cell fone saying movie tickets are booked)
Calling up without bothering what time of day/ night it is :) or which part of universe he/she is, how busy/ free is he/she, with whom is he/she
Getting calls zillions of times from the same people
Jaane kaha gaye wo din... Life gets busy and people move on.. Ah if thats whats being a grown up.. i dont want to be.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
But this is not only with blogging, oops i realise i dont have tme for anything i love... or probably i dont create time..
Came to know i am among the top two utilised team members in the team (dont know 1st/ 2nd).. it feels good... utilised as in i have good number of chargeable hours which cud be charged to the client... yeppie!!
Another yeppie!! i have decided to quit my job... but ya kuch emotional attachment ho gayi hai.. its not so easy to detach from this place which was part of my life for 2 whole years... another yeppie... i will complete 2 years in KPMG this Sunday.. Not that i love being in this place, but pata nahi suddenly knowing that it wont be there causes a lil pain... but it does give loads of happiness..
Will write later now!!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Ya 2 mahiney ho gaye... and today while logging in i entered my blog addresss wrong :( not that i never wrote before, or never thought to write ... its just that time is flying by...
Lot many things have happened..
Met with an accident ...taxi went on the divider... screwed up two toes on my leg.. now all is good.. except my psyche.. sitting in cabs and autos is not as easy.. and its the same with my office friend Shweta who screwed her jaws... and when the two of us are together... u can think what happens in a cab/ auto..
Birthday was a nice sweet day.. Got wished by all close ones.. had dozed off before 12.. so got up with a call.. and then Dipti wished ... she had got a cake... all woke up... darling dhrumil cud not keep his eyes open... cake cutting.. fir calls.. slept late that night.. (though i really dint want this birthday to be somthing gud) .. It turned out really well.. went to office, desk was decorated.. i had 2 flower bunches on the desk courtesy Shweta.. ahh they dint give me much workk :) yippie!! most morn went in attending calls and then evening again cut a cake in office.. i dont know never expected would feel so touched in office.. left soon.. got excused from the evening training.. met a friend.... went to temple behind office .. took a cab to thane.. had cake again... answered many calls.. went to temple in thane.. went home ... had dinner with full family.. very simple yet a touchy day...
I really want to start studies big time now... and i am glad that i have people pushing and motivating me for the same.. i hope i can do something.. and dont put people down...
Love you all!! For being a part of my life and making it so wonderful and ....................
Nothing.. Just hope all goes well.. Scared but ya will try!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Unlike other holidays i dint get up late this morning.. as in got up at 9 am.. and i am hooked to pc for most of the time... browsed thru mba related websites, chatted with some friends, studied for about an hour, and now finally gave my blog a makeover!! and i am loving it...
Though i love black and so liked the earlier template, but having a black backdrop also meant deciding font colours and stuff, which i hope i can get over with on a blue backdrop... and i simply love the picture ... girl on the swing on an upside down tree in the sky :) reminds me of the song... aaj mein upar, aasmaan niche; aaj mein aage, zamana hai piche
And my friend alltalkandnoaction has tagged me for having my poll of 10 best romantic bollywood movies... and i by mistake th8 it was for the 99 questions i posted in the last post.. now recalling 10 best hindi romantic movies for an amnesiac person like me is an arduous task!! though i can never forget the bestest bollywood movie... its none other than jab we met.. which is her fav too.. waow... i can just watch it over and over again... such a simple and sweet story...
Recalling some moments in the movie:
by God, mujhe bachpan se hi shaadi ka bada shauk hai...
mein sochta hu agar geet hoti to kya karti, aur wahi karta hu
hotel decent (no pawfect name than this)
Jab koi kuch sache dil se chahta hai wo use mil jata hai...
Both of them jumping in the river...
Kitni stupid thi mein, isliye ho raha ye sab mere saath,
Aur kis se darr lagta hai, shareholders se, kal shareholders ke saath meeting karao (so if u fear something, fight it on face)
His respecting his moms contribution for the company...
Wo foto jalake flush karna, wo fone lagake gaaali dena... :)
Mujhe Karate aata hai :)
Akeli ladki, khuli tizoori ki tarah hoti hai... jawani mein, mein bhi akele ghumta tha, par tab mein mard tha... matlab abhi bhi mard hu
And Shahid telling Kareena after being asked that he loves her: haan bahut jyada, par wo meri problem hai.... asi kuch bhi feel kar sakte hai yaar... (but assuring it wudnt cause any problem to her)
Though i dint understand what did Kareena like in that Anshuman (Champak he seems)
Songs are fabulous...
And finally shahid explaining geet that she shd marry the one she loves...
Shaadi ke baad pehla affair mere saath kar lena :)
Shahid is super cool in this movie, so is Kareena :) (i dint like any of them earlier)
i think i need quite some time to make a poll of 10 best romantic movies...
Anyways, time to log off ... Enjoiii
Saturday, April 25, 2009
I assumed it was for this post... but she has tagged me for somethig else... but ab jab itni mehnat ki hai to ye bhi post kar hi dete hai
so here are 99 truths (possibly) about me...
1. Last beverage: has to be Water always!!
2. Last phone call: Nirav
3. Last text message from: my manager Poonam
4. Last song you listened to: Chale jaise hawaaein from mein hoon na
5. Last time you cried: Don’t remember (well ye to apni hobby hai), but not 2 recently
HAVE YOU EVER...
6. Dated someone twice: No
7. Been cheated on? : No
8. Kissed someone & regretted it?: Kiss karke regret kya karna! (kidding)
9. Lost someone special? …. dunno
10. Been depressed? Yes
11. Been drunk and threw up? I always seem drunk!! (No)
LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS:
16. Made new friends: Bachpan mein…
17. Fallen out of love: No
18. Laughed until you cried: Don’t recall
19. Met someone who changed you: Yep, at various times
20. Found out who your true friends were: kept finding and losing them… (but ya few who have been with me for quite some time... touch wood)
21. Found out someone was talking about you: Nah
22. Kissed anyone on your friend's list: Nope
23. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: Yahoo messenger (5%) though I don’t use it anymore… and otherwise about 95%
24. How many kids do you want to have: chunnu, munnu, tina, shina, sweety, tweety, jay, viru………………. (oye 1 is enuf)
25. Do you have any pets: No
26. Do you want to change your name: Never
27. What did you do for your last birthday: Declared off in Mumbai (Namu Jayanti ) thanks to rain God
28.What time did you wake up today: aahaaa 1 pm
29. What were you doing at midnight last night: Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping, or maybe watching tv… slept somewhere ard that time
30. Name something you CANNOT wait for : an MBA
31. Last time you saw your father: Last night when I came home, he was sleeping.. got up as I was banging things in the room
32. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: Me doubting my abilities
33. Most visited web page: My blog, Gmail
WHAT'S YOUR :
34. Name: Namrata
35. Nicknames: Namu, Namz, Nami, (bachpan mein: namiya, chamiya)
36. Zodiac sign: Cancer
37. Male or female or transgender : bada kathin prashna hai!!!
38. Elementary: Holy Cross School
39. Colleges: Podar College and Narsee Monjee College
40. Hair color: Black
41. Long or short: Long but will become short soon
42. Height: 5’ or 5’1”
43. Do you have a crush on someone? Yes
44. Ever been in love? Shayad haan
45. Piercings? Ears
46. Tattoos? No
47. Righty or lefty: Righty
48. First surgery: not yet
49. First piercing: Ears (dunno when)
50. First best friend: Vaishali (to the bet I can remember)
51. First sport you loved: and still love – Cricket
52. First pet : None
53. First vacation: Mom ke saath to village…
54. First concert: None
55. First crush: A guy in tuitions (3rd – 4th mein)
56. Eating: Chaat and spicy junk food
57. Drinking: Paani, Chaas, Softdrinks
58. I'm about to: plan some outing for evening, and call some friends59. Listening to: noise of vehicles on the road down
60. Waiting for: Mr Right
61. Want kids? Bola na chunu munu etc etc…
62. Want to get married? Not in this order… pehle shaadi, fir bacheiin (typical Indian u see)
63. Careers in mind? Finance
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
64. Lips or eyes: ???
65. Hugs or kisses: Hugs
66. Shorter or taller: Tall…
67. Older or Younger: Older
68. Romantic or spontaneous: Both
69. Nice stomach or nice arms: Arms
70. Sensitive or loud: Mix of both
71. Hook-up or relationship: Relationship
72. Trouble maker or hesitant: Mix of both
HAVE YOU EVER :
73. Kissed a stranger: No… kisses muft mein nahi baatti
74. Lost glasses/contacts: Don’t have either to loose
76. Broken some one's heart: Yes
77. Had your own heart broken: yes
78. Been arrested: haan… 5 case chal rahe hai mere khilaaf… (are I am not here for being a politician… what a question)
79. Turned someone down: Haan
80. Cried when someone died: Yes
81. Liked a friend that is a girl?: All is normal with my case… don’t worry
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
81. Yourself: Yes.. (kabhi kabhi no)
82. Miracles: Not really
83. God: Truely
84. Love at first sight: Not yet!!
85. Heaven: No
86. Santa Claus: I used to.
87. Kiss on the first date? Noways!!
88. Angels: I said I believe in me… so yes
89. Devils: I have so many in office… so yes again
90. Is there one person you want to be with right now? No today I want to go out alone
91. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time? No
92. Wanted to kill someone ever? So many times…
93. Among your blog mates, whom would you like to kiss? Myself
94. Committed a blunder and regretted later? No regrets
95. Wanted to steal you friend's boyfriend / girlfriend? : Not yet
ASSOCIATE WITH SOMETHING YOU WEAR :
96. White: Chudidaar
97. Black: T – shirts, Kurti, Shoes
98. Red: T-shirt
99. Pink: T-shirt
100. Posting this as 100 Truths? Meine to likh diya hai … ab maano na maano aapki marzi (and by the way they are 99, as qusetion 75 is missing)
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I got the most beautiful gift
It was not packed in decorative boxes
But was the most cherished!!
Friday, April 3, 2009
The sculptor replied that it would be installed on a pillar twenty feet high. "If the idol is that far, who is going to know that there is a scratch on the nose?" the gentleman asked. The sculptor stopped his work, looked up at the gentleman, smiled and said, "I will know it."
The desire to excel is exclusive of the fact whether someone else appreciates it or not. "Excellence" is a drive from inside, not outside. Excellence is not for someone else to notice but for your own satisfaction and efficiency...
Its always great to excel just for yourself.. not bcos someone else wants you 2... And not to measure ur excellence by the way others see it but the way it has changed/ added to you as a person
So its so perfectly ok not to know something very basic and to ask rather than think what xyz will think and not knowing it at all.. :)
I wanted to write more.. but am in a cafe and completely uncomfi with the system... Hope to write back soon..
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Have come to stay at my close friends place (uhu uhu had come to STUDY... bt have had a real good time).. Its been long since i wanted to come here but kept postponing... Saturday morning we attended an interactive session by Arun Jaitley. The session was organised and attended by entrepreneurs and professionals who thought it was time that we acted instead of merely pointing fingers at each other at times when the country and its people needed it the most. Franky i am not such a political creature... but i always wanted to be more aware..
My friend is pretty keen on joining politics along with her career. So i also joined her when she decided to go for the session. But i really enjoid listening to the talks... . A lawyer by profession, Mr Jaitely spoke lot of sense and knew exactly what he was speaking.
Three key points he discussed were governance, economic growth and national security.. He could really hold the audience to attention for an hour and something that he spoke for. He narrated one incident where in parliament someone commented to him "You have the best of both the worlds" (as in professional and politics) and he retorted.. Yes i do.. and i know no art of living without working... Obviously he was talking good about BJP, but that was not the only things he kept talking about.. He was opinion that congress has taken a non decisive approach and we have not seem many good reforms during its tenure. Also he said i told Mr. Chidambaram , u r a lucky finance minister , when you were in power you inherited a booming economy.. He also pointed out that signs of subprime were felt in 2007, but at that time all the government saw was rising inflation and sucked liquidity at a time when there was need for consumer expenditure... He said that the dream team of Mr Chidambaram and Manmohan kept day dreaming... He also said politics should be on the basis of merit and not surnames.
Indifference is not the answer. Todays youth may have a proud feeling of not being involved in politics. But i agree that when we have to have a government and we know we have a choice to choose it, it is sheer indifference and ignorance and stupidity to be proud of the fact that one is not interested in politics... Maybe all the candidates, partys are corrupt... but we still need to choose which is the best among the worst as they will be running the country for next 5 years.
I have been indifferent all the while 2. And i dont say that post this session i am totally convinced that BJP is the best party to vote for. But i think political awareness is very necessary and i think political education must be introduced in education curriculum.
Anyways... post which we came home had load of talks, discussions... had delicious lunch... watched movies... went out for dinner... All in all it was a well utilised saturday... and its been a superb stay at her place after a very long time....
Monday, February 16, 2009
There are many thoughts... finally its over; but it wasnt that good; and ohhh tommorrow is office...; almost 1 month i was at home, dint realise though; the amazing support i had all this while (though i kept cribbing); ........
I dunno why i tend to loose my cool in CET, which somewhat happened today also, but i managed to get back.
This one month was like a roller coaster ride, one day i was quite ok with my preparation and the other day i went zoop down... and i would not have been this motivated, had it not been for the continous support, guidance, anger of Nirav and Dipti :)
I have frustrated them enuf this whole month, right upto the point when i just wanted to give up... Thanks a ton!!
In the beginning when i started, i started off well, but then started slowing down...
I was fired left, right, centre (exaggerated)
But in the last week of prep,
When i joined test series my scores started at 110+ something (i was a lil down)
I get a message: not bad, but v'l be better for d rest of the week, what say
Third test it incresed by 7-8 marks -
I get a message: gr8 u r improving by d day :)
Then health went down, got terrific cold,
I get a message: take v good care of ur health, sleep early
I hesitated at sleeping early as had nt done much in the day
I get a message: kip studis 2ndry, health primary, sleep early..
One day i got real angry with my sister, next day i get a gift and a card!!
Waow!! what more can one ask!! and can you believe i was still complaining!!
They were just the best!!
Thank you so much!!!
And i am sorry, as i still could not meet up with the expectations...
But i will not give up!! :)
Sunday, January 25, 2009
After CA, this is one more feather added to her kitty.
However, the wait for the result was full of mixed feeling. On 20th January results were to reach the candidates via email at 12pm EST as GARP is a US based institution. But as luck would have it, the result dint hit her mailbox right upto 21st January, infact has not yet hit her mailbox. On 21st January the results were updated on the website and that was when it was time to say "EUREKA"
Congratulations!! May success be with you ALWAYS!!!
Monday, January 19, 2009
No no ye love type chakar nahi hai... its just that i see lot of mood swings these days.. One day you can find me so very happy and the other day its just completely opposite... and somehow i feel i am on either extreme... Life ka balance dabadhol ho gaya hai types...
One more song that has been ringing in my mind for some time now is jaane kya dhundta hai ye mera dil.. tujhko kya chahiye jindagi (by lucky ali)...
Missed running in the Marathon today even after getting myself registered, thanks to a cousins engagement.. But anyways they found a replacement in my place so someone did run.
And by now i have also realised that i cannot chill now... i have to take stock of my life... I have to know where, what and how i want to be... In short i need to get serious... something that i have intentionally avoided for long now.
And now-a-days office lunch time gup shups are getting a lil irritating.. I dont know WHY people love mocking and making fun at the expense of others.... (i have never been the victim, but stil).. An example of the conversation: (A has been down with malarial fever and not in office for some days)
So at the lunch table (Day is Friday)
B: 'A' Monday se office aane wali hai, it seems
C: Acha, kaise malum?
B: 'D' ne bola ki 'A' ne use bola ki wo monday se aa jayegi (D is also having lunch)
And suddendly comes a shrewd reply
C: Acha aise pata chal jata hai kya!! (ki Monday ko she will be fine)
And most interestingly such people will not tolerate any fun made about them.. At such times i feel happy for what i am... I will never put someone down for just a stupid round of laugh from fellow colleagues.
Another incident where my colleague was talking about a new joinee (joined about 2-3 months back) with me
He: Are usko kuch nahi aata.. fir maine usko pucha ki kya karti hai, Boli CA kar rahi hai (just enrolled for CA inter after T.Y.Bcom); aur pata hai use operating aur non operating bhi nahi samajh aata
Me: (just blank dont know what to say)
He: (irritated i guess bcos i dint react) are usko excel bhi nahi aata hai...
Me: Maine join kiya to mujhe bhi nahi aata tha!!
He: (gives a blank stare)
Me: seriously i knew nothing
HE: fir bhi yaar kuch to aata hoga.. usse to alt+tab bhi nahi pata..
In short until i would say haaaaaaa... aisi bewakoof ko kaise recruit kiya. this guy would have hundreds of things to say... All i feel is if a person does not know anything, he can always be trained... And everybody at some point begins from that stage. Just because maybe ur seniors werent fair to you, you learnt so many things by yourself ... is it justifyable that you make your juniors go through the same?
Chalo ab office ki ho gayi chutti... i am really looking forward to this leave!! hope to come back soon
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Points worth highlighting:
- you're doing everything possible to hold on to your job. That includes coming in early, working late, logging in on weekends and neglecting the gym.
- While this may make your boss happy, your body is most likely crying foul.
- From uncomfortable work spaces to poor air quality to depression-inducing stress, there are plenty of opportunities to come home feeling worse than when you left in the morning.
- It is estimated that, for every dollar invested in workplace wellness policies, a company receives a $2 to $4 return on its investment.
- According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration, almost 2 million workers suffer from such musculoskeletal disorders, including elbow tendinitis, wrist pain and lower back problems.
- A study in the November 2007 issue of the American Journal of Public Health demonstrated a significant relationship between work stress and depression. Increased stress and depression have been linked to a number of chronic and non-chronic health issues like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart attacks.
On an average we spend around 10 hours in office, all hooked to our computers.. minimum 5 days a week so on the 6th day all we want is a day of rest.. When back from home on a normal day we are already too tired, so we end up eating half bits and then just dozing off...
We rarely find time to talk to our family, let alone meeting up our friends... We start hating too much of questioning by parents (grown ups you see), etc etc... Then we argue with close ones... and finally we just want some time by ourselves....
Health is also worse hit.. and then most of us wudnt take offs unless situation is v bad...
As if all this not enough, to add to it there is office politics, fake behaviour, backstabbing, performance reviews.... on and on
But, one may wonder that people have been working since ages then why are we complaining so much now... Whats the difference:
- Increase in expectations from ourselves
- Disinterest in socialising (just heard about a manager who comes to office even on saturday and plays games and stuff on his lappy than spending time at home with his lil daughter)
- We want to earn more, spend more; earn even more and spend even more... In the end though we dont even find time to spend what we earn....
- Success is to a major extent measured as success in career
- And now after this global turmoil, job security reasons.
And to add to this when most of us are questioned what are we all aiming for in life, so many of us are blank.. (maybe this assumption is incorrect)
Within weeks of getting married people are back in office, and working from 8 am to 10/ 11 pm... err...
Anyways, too much of bakwaas for now... Looking forward to two weeks having six working days... as we had last two 3 working day weeks...
i realise tomorrow is my first working day in the year 2009!
Friday, January 2, 2009
I do not know but i in particular do not have any particular excitement!! But still i think its better to have any reason for celebration...
By celebrations i remember those friendship days in college... one of my closest friends would never budge to allow us tie a friendship band... As it made no sense to her that on one day by tying a ribbon you express dat you care... ya but the damsel did celebrate Raksha Bandhan...
On a nice note i have made a bet with a friend, which i think i will WIN and the reward is samsung innova8. Reading its features i get to know it has a 8 mega pixel cam and 32 GB memory, more than enuf for an ordinary mortal like me... I hope i don't lose the bet though!!
This morning i tried my hands in the kitchen!!! something really unusual... i tried making an uttappa.. cooking is not as easy as i earlier thought it to be... It turned out to be ok-ok types.. but not bad you see... had i to rate myself it wud be 3 and a half on 5.. not bad i think...
I enjoid the poem on this link http://www.thedontquitpoem.com/
I sometimes fear the death of my near and dear ones... The other day i heard someone say in the train someones husband had died of an heart attack... and then suddenly i thought it could be my dad .. I saw a similar fear in few of my friends... Anyways lets not think all dis
Recently i have seen a ruder version of me (version degradation)... It takes me no time to answer back to people (unfortunately only to the people close to me)
I think i need a nice outing..
And for now i need some more sleeep!! or a Bath
HAPPY NEW YEAR once again.. Hope it brings you loads of success and happiness!!